McDowell Trip 2006

The McDowell Trip cross country. Enjoy our trip with us as we finally make our "Western" trip.

Name:
Location: Syracuse, New York, United States

I am an Eagle Scout having been a member of the Scouting fraternity for over 30 years man and boy. Now that I have graduated from SU I am preparing to become more active in the fall. I am a lifelong member of the Presbyterian Church and I have recently become the Presbytery Resource Person for the Theological Education Fund of the Presbyterian Church USA. As part of my college training I designed websites for both my church and the local Presbytery. I have been married for 36 years to a warm, loving, special lady named Charlotte and we have two great children, Margie and Francis, and one grandchild, Alex, who all live in the Syracuse area. Francis is getting married in October and Margie is dating a great guy named Mike.

Sunday, June 04, 2006


Welcome to the McDowell Western Trip Blog.My wife and I are going on our long awaited Western Trip to the California coast and back. We will be going out a northern route and returning on a southern route. Along the way we will be seeing several national parks and visiting with family and friends.The photo shows me working as a Receiving Inspector in TR-20 on the Carrier Corp. campus in Dewitt, NY. I worked for Carrier for over 30 years until I was laid off and my job was sent to Singapore. As part of my severance from Carrier I was given four years of full educational benefits hence my newly completed career as a college student. I graduated on May 14, 2006 with a Bachelor of Science in Information Management and Technology degree with a minor in Anthropology. I have had so much fun that it should have been illegal. That is not to say that I spent my time goofing off I completed my education with a 3.667 cumulative GPA and graduated Magna Cum Laude.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandpa, You aren't the only graduate this year, haha. I cant wait to hear some of your adventures and to tell you about mine this summer. I hope to see you guys when you come back before I head off to Buffalo.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Frank,

It's been fun reading about your trip. Nice blog!

Jim Dettman

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home