McDowell Trip 2006

The McDowell Trip cross country. Enjoy our trip with us as we finally make our "Western" trip.

Name:
Location: Syracuse, New York, United States

I am an Eagle Scout having been a member of the Scouting fraternity for over 30 years man and boy. Now that I have graduated from SU I am preparing to become more active in the fall. I am a lifelong member of the Presbyterian Church and I have recently become the Presbytery Resource Person for the Theological Education Fund of the Presbyterian Church USA. As part of my college training I designed websites for both my church and the local Presbytery. I have been married for 36 years to a warm, loving, special lady named Charlotte and we have two great children, Margie and Francis, and one grandchild, Alex, who all live in the Syracuse area. Francis is getting married in October and Margie is dating a great guy named Mike.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

First Day on the Trail

Greetings All, Well we survived the first day but just barely. We got a late start from home finally getting on the Thruway about 10 AM. We had to go back to the house, after our traditional trip starting McDonald's breakfast; stopped at church to retrieve my "Indy Fedora"; and stopped briefly at the bank. We arrived in Dublin, OH about 7 PM after having to slow down for about 8 or 10 construction areas. They were all along the route but most of them were five or six mile long ones in Ohio. We had dinner at a family favorite Italian Restaurant. Morrone's is a small store front eatery that has a Pizza Buffet every Wed. Eve. They have a small salad bar and lasagna, spaghetti, meatballs on the buffet as well. A dessert pizza finishes off the meal just right. Tonight it was a chocolate cookie dessert pizza.
Tomorrow we are going to locate the first house I remember living in here in Columbus and the Presbyterian church we attended nearby. After that we will probably hit the two malls we like to visit while here. We are going to meet my mother's friends the Barlow's for dinner later. If the weather cooperates we will probably swim in the afternoon or at least get on the treadmill for awhile.
Well it is getting late and we are both bushed so I will end this for today. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home