McDowell Trip 2006

The McDowell Trip cross country. Enjoy our trip with us as we finally make our "Western" trip.

Name:
Location: Syracuse, New York, United States

I am an Eagle Scout having been a member of the Scouting fraternity for over 30 years man and boy. Now that I have graduated from SU I am preparing to become more active in the fall. I am a lifelong member of the Presbyterian Church and I have recently become the Presbytery Resource Person for the Theological Education Fund of the Presbyterian Church USA. As part of my college training I designed websites for both my church and the local Presbytery. I have been married for 36 years to a warm, loving, special lady named Charlotte and we have two great children, Margie and Francis, and one grandchild, Alex, who all live in the Syracuse area. Francis is getting married in October and Margie is dating a great guy named Mike.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Weatherford, OK - Little Rock, AR

Hi All, Sorry about no pictures with the last post. As I said the section of the blog site that allows me to upload pics wasn't working the last time I tried. Below is a pic that Char and I couldn't resist. Like the roadside signs with my name on it we found in California.

We haven't been taking any pics the last two days. The drive from Santa Fe to Weatherford, OK was exhausting and at times slightly nerve wracking. We ran through countless construction (destruction?) sites. And then we had some spectacular weather to boot. There was a heavy thunderstorm that we came through at the end of the day and just beat into Weatherford. I had to run into the motel to avoid getting wet. We had stopped for dinner at a Denny's earlier as we were running quite late and, of course, to add insult to injury we lost an hour since the time zone changed when we crossed into Texas from New Mexico.
This morning we got a great start but then we stopped at a Cherokee trading post after only about 25 miles. It was worth the stop as we got some things there. I picked up a belt to go with my new bear buckle. After that we just rolled along all day. We did make a quick stop in Sallisaw, OK for lunch and to mail some postcards. Char's Aunt Dorothy Hale grew up there. Later in the day we ran into another major thunderstorm. Char was driving as she usually does after lunch. It was raining so hard that she had to pull over along with many other cars and we even saw quite a few semi trucks pulled over as well. After awhile we got going again but had to stop for gas. We then pulled under the canopy of a nearby Hampton Inn to switch drivers. We ran through more rain as we got near to Little Rock and finally found our motel. We decided to go out to a nearby Crackerbarrel for dinner. After dinner we discovered that it had finally decided to stop raining.
Tomorrow we are heading for Birmingham, AL and then Augusta, GA. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home