McDowell Trip 2006

The McDowell Trip cross country. Enjoy our trip with us as we finally make our "Western" trip.

Name:
Location: Syracuse, New York, United States

I am an Eagle Scout having been a member of the Scouting fraternity for over 30 years man and boy. Now that I have graduated from SU I am preparing to become more active in the fall. I am a lifelong member of the Presbyterian Church and I have recently become the Presbytery Resource Person for the Theological Education Fund of the Presbyterian Church USA. As part of my college training I designed websites for both my church and the local Presbytery. I have been married for 36 years to a warm, loving, special lady named Charlotte and we have two great children, Margie and Francis, and one grandchild, Alex, who all live in the Syracuse area. Francis is getting married in October and Margie is dating a great guy named Mike.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Birmingham, AL - Augusta, GA

Hi All,
Last post on the blog until we get home. We spent the last two days getting across the southern tier of the United States. We drove through mostly rolling plains or slightly hilly forested areas of the south. Tomorrow we are going to visit the Augusta Canal Heritage area. This is the place I did a paper on for GEO-316 last semester. I hope that my contact is going to be there. Weather permitting we are going to take a boat ride on the canal. There is an extensive interpretive center there and I do plan on taking plenty of pictures.
I won't be posting any more because for the next three nights, until we get home, we will be staying with friends and family and I don't want to bother them with trying to get online, etc. We should be home on Aug. 10th and I will put up my finally posting then.
Stay tuned for the final post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home