McDowell Trip 2006

The McDowell Trip cross country. Enjoy our trip with us as we finally make our "Western" trip.

Name:
Location: Syracuse, New York, United States

I am an Eagle Scout having been a member of the Scouting fraternity for over 30 years man and boy. Now that I have graduated from SU I am preparing to become more active in the fall. I am a lifelong member of the Presbyterian Church and I have recently become the Presbytery Resource Person for the Theological Education Fund of the Presbyterian Church USA. As part of my college training I designed websites for both my church and the local Presbytery. I have been married for 36 years to a warm, loving, special lady named Charlotte and we have two great children, Margie and Francis, and one grandchild, Alex, who all live in the Syracuse area. Francis is getting married in October and Margie is dating a great guy named Mike.

Friday, August 11, 2006

HOME, SAFE AND SOUND!

WE MADE IT! We are home. We arrived about 6:30 PM last night. We have spent the last few days with friends and family talking about our great trip. I didn't mention it the other day just in case it might jinx us but the only car problem we had the entire trip was a slow leak in the right rear tire that appeared the night before we left Augusta. I thought that we would be able to limp into Charlotte, NC but we stopped along the way at a truck stop and had the tire repaired (plugged) for 10 bucks. They did it right on the car and we only lost about 15 minutes of travel time.
Below are two pics of Char at the rest stop just after we got back in New York State and the GREEN hills of New York. One of the things we missed when we were out west was the green growing things we have back here in the east.



This is the final post of the McDowell Trip Blog I hope that you have enjoyed our travels and that you will have a chance sometime to sit with us and see ALL of our pictures and hear about our adventures "out west". So Long, Char and Frank

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site! Good stuff, good resources here. Nice site. All the best!
- www.blogger.com a
spaghetti alla carbonara

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home